Monday, May 26, 2008

Staying on track for Memorial Day

Today Im hosting a BBQ at my house. It will really tax my will power but Im determined to keep focused on the goal. We're BBQ'ing chicken and hamburgers so I plan on having chicken and salad. I have made a jello salad along with a lettuce salad. There will be lots of deserts including a big pan of blueberry pudding cheesecake bake that I made. I do plan on allowing myself a piece of that. I figure if I leave the chips, hamburgers, pasta salads, potato salads and all other deserts alone I should be okay.

One of the big problems I have on days like today is that I dont use recipes so I have to taste everything to see if its made right. My baked beans are a touch of this and dash of that so I'm going to have to be very careful to not get into a tasting pattern that could add unwanted calories.

I wish I had a better eating plan in place really. I will have to formulate one here real soon. If I dont know exactly what I can have and how many calories I will be eating I get into big trouble!

Well Im off to enjoy the day. Dont forget the men who have fought and died for our country! I thank every one of them from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you all for your cheers and words of encouragement on my pics below!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you DO have a plan. Portion control and knowing that there is always tomorrow helps. Special occasions always get me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count each bite and taste as about 15 calories. I don't know if you do the calorie-counting thing but this gives me a sort of frame of reference so I don't get in the habit of nibbling and somehow thinking it's "free".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!