Monday, September 15, 2008

The Hares Point of View

The diet is coming along excellent. I still need to work on my water intake! Chubby Chick has had her Christmas Challenge going for 3 weeks now. The first week I actually gained a pound. My weight loss here didn't reflect that but her weigh ins are from Monday to Monday so things pan out a little differently. The second week I lost four pounds and this week I lost three. That gives me 6 pounds lost on the challenge. I have 19 more to go before Christmas!

I'll be happy to lose any amount of that 19 really. Im not in this weight loss game for fast loss. Ive done that far too often in the past. Im in this for the long haul. Im too old to be playing games with my health. As long as the scale is moving steadily downward that's all I care about.

I see huge weight losses on peoples blogs; people losing 12 pounds a week on Atkins and such. That kind of thing use to discourage me in years past. Not anymore. I never have been a hugeweightlossdropperperson. Okay so that's not a real word but it gets across what Im trying to say. Now I am perfectly content to be the hare in any weight loss race. It feels good to know that I am losing fat not water. Fat comes off slower but at least it wont come back on at the first carb meal I eat.

The big reason I want to lose those 19 pounds is to be able to say I have lost 60 pounds this year. My own goal is to have that lost by January 7 when I started my journey. So I'll keep plugging away.

I have stumbled on the beauty of salmon grilled and brushed with real maple syrup. I could eat it for dinner every night and I pretty much have been! It's good stuff and it definitely helps keep my appetite under control for the entire evening.

I have a bunch of garden tomatoes and Im going to make fresh salsa. Now I need ideas for things to dip in that salsa besides chips. I put in on eggs and avocados and such but Im in need of a finger food. Do any of my weight loss buddies have a good healthy alternative to chips and salsa?

6 comments:

  1. veggies and hummus
    i take whole wheat tortillas and cut them with a pizza cutter spray with a bit on pam and sprinkle some herbs and spices on, put in the oven until nice and crisp. Dip in salsa, awesome.
    Hope this helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing as suzi. They are yummy!

    You are doing great!!! I had been a little down because my loss has slowed but as long as it's moving in the right direction, I will be happy with that :) I don't want to go back to barely any carbs just to lose faster. I want to be able to eat like I will for the rest of my life. If I want to kick it up a notch, I'll add more exercise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at 113 days without a grain product in my system. All grain products including corn tortillas, all products containing enriched white flour were removed from my dietary intake. Do I miss it? No, not really. If I obsess about it, I might. I have also given up salt. I used to pour it on my food like rain. I can now actually taste the food instead of all the saltiness.
    Good luck and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My slim man, I dont think there is any way I coud ever do that. In fact, Im convinced that it would be easier for me to take out everything in my diet and eat grain alone than it would be to eat everything else and not grain. Seriously. Grain is a huge part of my diet and has been since I was little. I spose thats how it is for a lot of people but I just know there are many days that food log shows nothing but grain with stuff added to it. I fight it all the time to get more veggies and fruits but grain it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way thanks for the idea ladies. I'll try that today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they should enter that word in the dictionary. I mean ain't made it didn't it? So why shouldn't hugeweightlossdropperperson???
    I've only managed to drop alot of wieght once in a fast amount of time and I gained it all back. Im with you I want this to be permanent so Im with you.
    The salmon sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!