Monday, September 8, 2008

Trying to reach a Christmas goal

My diets going well. We have finally hit another patch of warm weather which means my tomatoes are ripening! Today for lunch I had a tomato sandwich. I spread a piece of bread with laughing cow cheese and topped it with tomatoes fresh from the garden and my homecanned bread and butter pickles. It was delightful!

I am determined to get to 192 by Christmas. The would be 60 pounds lost this year. To do that I'm going to have to pick up speed. This week will give me a boost on those goals because its turning out to be a wonderful diet week. If I dont hit 192 I at least want to know that I did everything in my power to get there! I would have to lose 1.5 pounds a week to make the goal. Its very doable until you figure out that between then and now I have a 3 day family reunion to attend and Thanksgiving and all the Christmas holidays fall in there!

Well Im not going to let it stop me. Im going to continue going down this diet scale!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! My brain is wired funny, so I've never been able to do that myself -- every time I set a date and an amount of weight to lose by that time, I get stressed out and gain. And if I don't focus on the weight, I lose. Until I feel myself losing. And I get focused on the weight. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh believe me. I know that vicious cycle. Lol. I do hope you can get out of the whirlpool soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just joined the Christmas challenge, too. :) Your tomato sandwich sounds really good! I haven't had laughing cow cheese for awhile now. Thanks for the idea! and good luck with your Christmas goal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...tomato with cheese....always a good combo ;) You can do it! I think it's a realistic goal if you stay accountable each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!