Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update

Okay so this whole foods thing maybe should have been started after Christmas but then again Im not doing too badly on it. I need to buy some dark chocolate because Ive found myself craving it lately so Ive been having a chocolate candy in the evening. I spose it wont hurt me but I could just as well settle that craving with dark chocolate and not risk the rise in blood sugar. Over all things are going well and I've stopped the terrible gain even managing to lose 2 pounds. I am determined to hang on through these holidays. I am a baker and I cant tell you how badly I want to bake! But Im not!

5 comments:

  1. I do dark chocolate a couple of times a week to keep my sugar cravings at bay! It works wonders. I will mix it with some berries and I'm in heaven. I've also been using agave when I'm really wanting sweetness and it does the trick! The longer you do the whole foods process, the more the cravings will go away! I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I saw your comment on BunnyTrails blog.
    I'm following The Eat Clean diet by Tosca Reno myself.
    you can find out more about Clean Eating at her website: www.eatcleandiet.com
    I hope this helps to answer some of your questions as to what to eat.
    Eating Clean is basically NOT eating processed foods.
    I've had great success with it so far...I've lost almost 25 lb in 8 weeks without much difficulty or cravings.
    I'm crazy about this lifestyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading Dishpan Dribble for a while and enjoying it, but I haven't commented. I saw this and hopped over; I'm editing some health related marketing materials and just learned that chocolate cravings can often be linked to a magnesium deficiency. Maybe you could try taking a calcium-magnesium supplement to decrease your cravings?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!