Thursday, July 2, 2009

End of Month Weigh In

Well this is my monthly check in for weight loss. I have been way, way, up this month. I think the highest weight was one I didn't even see because I was afraid to weigh. You see after our sea food buffet last weekend and after having eggs Benedict for breakfast the following morning I didn't think it would be a good idea to weigh myself. After all, I was already up to 219 the week before I left. Then last week I straightened things out and lost 2 pounds before going on our anniversary trip.

I know I weighed about 222 when I got home from that trip. I didn't weigh but I know because after 2 days of religiously sticking to my program I was back on the scale weighing 219. So this week I have been on program and this morning I weighed 216.5.

That is three pounds gain for the month of June. That is a 5.5 lb gain for the year 2009. That my friends is the cold fact. All the moving up and down the scale really breaks down to those two easy numbers.

Now to get on with the program and forget the last six months. I'm not living back there. I'm on my way again, This gain of five pounds this year is just part of the journey, not the end of the journey!

3 comments:

  1. Well I had gained 12 pounds in the last 2 months. Really bad! I had had enough so I went back to the only thing that works for me...low carb. I mean really low carb, though I am eating lots of veggies and salads and even some nuts, it is mostly eggs and lean meats. In a few weeks I will add some fruits. I lost 2.5 pounds in 3 days. Water, I know as this is a natural diaretic. Still in that 3 days my stomach problems disappeared and my reactions to chemicals, or wheat (rapid heart beat and flakey feeling) are all gone. When will I learn?
    Congrats on the loss this week. I know you are looking at the "gain" but there is also that loss...don't miscount that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the restart...I hope the next six months are better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, focus on the loss, then focus on the fact that you celebrated your anniversary with your husband, you lived LIFE! I was feeling down this am too, that I hadn't lost any weight for the month of June, but I didn't gain either. Then I realized we had friends visit a lot, and I enjoyed every minute of it, I lived LIFE! This is a new month, and a new day, a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!