Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weigh In

So you all are asking how my gluten free, sugar free diet is doing and how I am feeling. I am feeling wonderful. I can't tell you how nice it is to eat and know that I'm not going to get tired afterwards! I went to Bobs Red Mill and bought a bunch of gluten free products and mixes. This morning I made pancakes from a gluten free, dairy free, mix. I topped it with plain natural yogurt and a teaspoon of sugar free berry jelly. It was divine. I added a poached egg for a bit more protein.

You can quickly see here that I am not avoiding all grains. I'm doing the diet more in the second phase than the first. But its working anyway. My rash is gone and the tiredness is gone. Everyone tells me all the time how much energy I have. And I do but I had a little blood sugar secret that they didn't know about. Regardless of how much I could accomplish in a day I would grow immediately tired after eating. Most of the time I could just lie down for a mere 10 minutes and be fine but still it was annoying.

Now I can eat and not feel any of those sluggish feelings. I know now it was not just the sugar it was the gluten too.

My monthly weight loss for August was three pounds. Its wonderful to be going in the right direction the last two months. At 50 years old I have learned to forget about the big losses and take any tiny loss as a triumph!

1 comment:

  1. hey!! you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your weight lost progress here. keep it up and never give up. you can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!