Monday, November 22, 2010

Just Words

Okay, I'm losing weight again. Last week I lost four pounds from Friday to Friday and this week I've already lost a pound. Met an old friend the other day that is heavier than I am. Something was said about weight and she said,"Come on. You don't think that some day you will really be thin do you? Why don't you just enjoy life and forget about it?" That totally threw me for a loop. Do people really do that? What would happen if I quit trying? How big would I get? The thought scares me. I have no intention of quitting although I have to admit that what she said plays over and over in my mind. It tends to throw me off track. I hate it. I wish she would have never said it!

4 comments:

  1. People do that. I did that for a lot of years.

    But you? You don't want to do that and that is an amazingly good thing. Never quit. You can lose weight as long as you don't give up. I get that now.

    Did you get my email? I responded to your question on my blog about calories and water. I can't post comments @ work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me at allanmklein@gmail.com I need your starting weight and your goal weight. I will plug in the numbers and send the results over..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind yourself that the little voice that keeps nagging you like that isn't real. It's a bunch of leftover negativity from people who don't know what they're talking about anyway. Most of what it says is trying to manipulate you into failure.

    You can and will lose weight. "Breaking Free of Emotional Eating" is a great book about dealing with the self talk, if you're a reader. If I can do it, anybody can. I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for info on a drug rehab centers then you need to do research and find the one that works for you. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!