Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reminder

Remember we are not weighing in today. Weigh in is officially changed to Thursdays! Be there!

I'm trying to figure out if I should post before and after and in between pics here. Theres something about posting a before pic that makes one admit that they were fat. I mean. isnt that the idea of before pics? They say, "Look at me. Look how fat I was!" And maybe thats the problem. I dont feel far enough away from my original weight to admit to just how fat I am. Maybe it would be therapeutic for me to put up pics. Should I or should I not?

Somewhere in the middle of this week I gained almost three pounds for no good reason under the sun. Yesterday I refocused and wrote down every bite in my journal. I went to the store and bought fruit already cut up and veggies all precut. I knew I had to make this as easy as I could for myself. Well it worked. I stayed on track and actually lost 3/4 of a pound but Im still above where I was at last weeks weigh in. Thankfully I changed the weigh in day!

In reality though I need to realize that the road down will be full of bumps like this. There will be weeks when success will not be measured by the scale but rather by the amount of time it takes for me to pick myself up and brush myself off. I think this is one of those weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have taken a "good" before picture. Never really thought I'd make it as far as I have, so I didn't want to set myself up for failure I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to our weigh in this week... I know I had to have a signifigant weight loss this time...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!