Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weigh In

Well I'm moving in the wrong direction. This month I gained 4 pounds. Its time to get serious. Never before in this past year have I gained two months in a row. This is serious stuff. I weighed 213.5 this morning.

I'm going to start a graph where I can visibly see the downward or upward changes. I'm also going to chart my averages by the week so I can get a look at whats happening.

Its time to hit the water bottle and the road. I've always had in the back of my mind the fact that I basically have two unplayed cards and those two are the ones! Its time to play them. Many times I told myself that if the road gets hard I will start drinking 8 glasses of water and walking every day. Ive done 4 glasses of water a day and since my last pledge to drink water Ive done pretty good at that. But the walking isn't happening.

So I'm going to do what I hate now and play those cards, 8 glasses of water, 15 minutes of walking 5 days a week. I will check in here just like I do for my weight. Its all about accountability.

I'm also going to fire up my old food log blog. It hasn't been in use since last summer. In fact, I hid it on my dashboard. Well its time for it to come out of hiding.

So this will be the last month of a gain that I will chart in a long time. Just see if it isn't!

5 comments:

  1. Play away girl! I bet your metabolism will start really soaring with the daily exercise! I am back down to 221 after going up 7 lbs with a higher calorie cycling to break my plateau. I am hoping to see a smaller number next week ;)..........we'll see! PLAYING ALL MY CARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Darling. Good luck with walking. I have days where don't mind water, and others it seems like such a pain. But I'm zure you can do it!
    After a loooong hiatus, I'm happy to report I am officially back on track. (I even started a new blog to commemorate lol)
    Since 2 weeks ago (when I started) I am down 4 lbs.
    Here's to success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Darling,

    I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Weight Loss Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I decided to take my water drinking seriously, two things helped. First, I went to Target and bought a really cool, big water bottle. I know I have to fill it three times a day to reach my goal!

    After the water bottle lost its charm, I started drinking bottled water and just carry one with me ALWAYS. When I leave the house, I grab a bottle. There is always one sitting next to me. It does help!

    I think you'll see a big change in your weigh-ins (and even how you feel!) after you make these changes. You may even start to love walking! You can do it, I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've got a winning hand! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!