Thursday, August 26, 2010

Embarking on the Candida Diet

I guess that upset me enough that I got on the backwagon without a hitch. I hit the Candida diet without looking back. I have cut out all sugar and gluten. The diet calls for mostly just meat and vegetables. I did discover a line of gluten free sugar free items at the store that I tried today. Somehow they didn't make me feel very well. Once again I had an immediate reaction of tiredness and itchiness. I had eaten some gluten and yeast free pretzels. They put me to sleep within five minutes! I don't think my candida is under control enough to add the carbs like that. The diet says that it could easily be a month or two until the body can handle grains at all. These pretzels were made with seeds and quinoa and obviously I wasn't ready for them. So it looks like I will be eating a lot of veggies in the days to come!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds a lot like the "Know the Cause" Phase 1 diet. The KTC guy (I forget his name) says that the first 3-4 days can be really tough. You can feel downright miserable. Then your body is supposed to adjust and you should feel great.

    We were going to try the Phase 1 diet, but we've decided just to take out one thing at a time starting with all HFCS.

    I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theme of your blog is very beautiful and the article is written very well, I will continue to focus on your article.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me on my journey! Your comment is appreciated!